Mike Brown, Citrix Systems Engineer
UPDATE: I’m now based in Los Angeles, CA, although will be in San Francisco until May. If you have any job shadowing or volunteer opportunities in SF please get in touch.
I’m an IT Systems Engineer who specialises in Citrix systems. Feel free to contact me via LinkedIn.
An outline of my resume is below.
Years of high-level IT experience gained through the management of IT projects and a solid track record of personal achievement in business and community enables me to successfully engage human and IT resources to find effective business solutions.
My success lies in being able to drive projects and get around technical stumbling blocks, finding solutions to challenging technical and business problems and researching requirements for detailed designs.
Having worked in roles starting from front line IT support and moving up to enterprise projects based work I have a unique perspective on business IT needs that span the entire organisation.
• Extensive technical knowledge of Citrix products from Metaframe XP to XenApp 6.5
• Strong Netscaler experience, content switching, reverse proxies, high availability pairs
• In depth knowledge of Change Management and ITIL processes
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2003 / 2008 R2 / 2012
• Hands on experience working with project managers on multiple IT projects
• Excellent technical and process documentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, able to work remotely and with groups of people spread over a wide geographic area
Supporting IT competencies
- IP Networks
- F5 Networks BigIP network load balancers
- XenApp, Presentation Server and Metaframe
- Citrix Web Interface and Secure Gateway
- Citrix Netscalers and Branch Repeaters
- Citrix Licensing Server
- MS Remote Desktop Services and Licensing
- VMware ESXi, Vsphere
- Microsoft Identity Integration Server
- Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012
- Active Directory and establishing trusts
- Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X
- Writing and reviewing documentation on user-centered principles
References available on request